Tag Archive for 'Coding'

mono gtk threads and timers

So, Yeah. I know it has been like 4-ever since I have posted anything. Well, the fact of the matter is I am NDA’ed on all the great stuff I work on. So that means I am not allowed to talk about it. That being said, I did put together this little DEMOnstration of some Mono C# Gtk examples of working with threads and timers. I can’t tell you what I’ve actually done with this, but I can tell you that the examples on the Mono do not work out of the box with the current version of Mono Develop. I don’t quite understand why their documentation is so out of date, or maybe they just assume people are smart enough to apply their examples to real working scenarios…. well THESE ARE WORKING. You can pull this repo, straight from github and build and run them to see how they tick. Please do not comment on the blog. As you can tell from my last post, I do not maintain it well. So post any comments on github. CHEERS!

https://github.com/galaxiecruzin/mono-gtk-threads-and-timers

Further Theme Tweaking

I did some further tweaking to this site tonight (in the theme). After I was fed up staring at the dagon design sitemap pagination issue, I decided to try to fix a few things on this site that was needing some attention. I added the tag cloud to the bubble at the top on grouped pages (as in not single post or page). I reworked the archive page to be able to show content before the archives. I guess that was about it, but it was really bothering me so I wanted to get those things done quick-like.

Dag Gone Sitemap Pagination Issue

I was getting very frustrated by the “Dag Gone” sitemap plugin. I was trying to correct a pagination issue AGAIN, and it just makes no sense. Sometimes the problem looks like it comes from the internal rewrite rules of WordPress, and other times it looks like the variable of the page number is not defined. I had it working this morning on the company site, and by the end of the day the rewrite rules must have been rebuilt. So….. I did some further investigation and found nothing specific of interest. But what I did find is that it still doesn’t work. I was able to get it to work without “permalinks” in the sitemap which is dumb in the bleeding edge version on this site. I have a small “work-around” coming together for version 2.7.2 of the sitemap plugin.

Give It A Name

So this new WordPress theme seems to be coming along quite nicely. I did a few tweeks over the last few days. I hooked up Lightbox Gone Wild on the sliding divs, so you can load up a larger window of the full post. I did some spacing on the page links in the footer. A few other things, I can’t much remember now.


If you would like to take a look at the theme (in Firefox only please!) you may preview it here.


The path I am currently on, the theme will probably end up being an add-on to the great and all powerful K2 theme. And why not!

New WordPress Theme

I started working on a new WordPress Theme. At first I thought I would build a site where I could showcase some of the projects I have worked on, and highlight the specific involvement I had in each project. In order to do that, I thought it would be neat to create a n area on the page to hold rotating data. As I got further into it, I decided to go ahead and make it into a theme, so I could manage the content in the WordPress back end and then give it away, if I am able to ever finish it. I have only worked on it for two nights so far, but made pretty good progress. I currently have xajax setup on a page template that loads in content into three divs, kind of like a comic strip. I need to hook up the next and back buttons to rotate through the content, so we’ll see how that goes.